How do you come up with good ideas? Well everyone is different but I always find there is only one way to get started and that is…Space.
Not necessarily physical space but walking or sitting in coffee shops with a bit of hustle and bustle can be helpful. You need to give yourself a fighting chance for your brain to be able to think, play and dream. To do this, you are going to have to make a few small changes to find the Space in your life, these aren’t permanent, just a temporary state to allow you to find those ideas.
- No TV – it can be too easy to be sucked into a binge!
- Always have something with you to note down any ideas you might have (Day or Night!)
- Don’t be afraid to have stupid ideas and write them down
- Listen to a podcast on subject you know nothing about
- Do something you don’t want to do e.g. cut down that tree that you have been putting off for ever
You don’t have to do all of them. I always find a mixture of these gives me the extra push I need to start thinking. Never waste brain power on trying to work out what is possible or feasible. Just use the Space to think of ideas and write them down. No pressure to make them good, no pressure to see if they will make money or not, just whatever ideas I can think of, I write them down.
Try it and see what you can think of, I bet you will surprise yourself with the sheer number, breadth and depth of ideas that you come up with in the Space that you have created.